Follow the restoration of a 1949 3800 Chevrolet Dual Rear Wheel Flatbed Truck.
Pictures located at http://s422.photobucket.com/home/jongersbach

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Busy, not busy

Well, since my last post, the weather hasn't exactly been cooperating.  Been rainy, humid, or just generally not blasting/painting weather.  Add to that being busy with work (gotta pay those bills) and not much has visibly happened since last post.  However, there has been some projects being worked on.  In preparation to finish up the running gear by installing the engine/transmission onto the frame, some things were discovered. 

It was discovered that I was missing two very important pieces of the front engine mount...a plate and retainer.  So I have been on a search for the missing mount pieces in lieu of having to fabricate the plate and retainer.  Also, I have re-created the brake lines from the originals.  1/4" copper nickel tubing was used.  Waiting on Amazon to bring my double flare tool so I can finish up my brake lines.  Need to source some 5/16" tubing to rebuild the fuel line. 

Parallel to the frame restoration and brake/fuel line replacement, I am in the process of restoring the cluster gauge with modern gauges.  Thanks to Dave at www.1952chevytruck.com for the bright idea.  Again, waiting on Amazon to show up with my gauges. 

I guess it gives me something to do while its too wet to do anything outside.  The more little stuff I can get done, the faster the big stuff will come together once it is time.  I have learned that.  Seemingly nothing happens but then one day all of a sudden, all this really cool stuff appears.  Most of that is due to a lot of small stuff behind the scenes. 

My plan is to do a step-by-step on installing the new gauges.  Or maybe to do some custom gauge rebuilds to help finance this project.  Gotta see how the first one goes first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment