Follow the restoration of a 1949 3800 Chevrolet Dual Rear Wheel Flatbed Truck.
Pictures located at http://s422.photobucket.com/home/jongersbach

Monday, April 25, 2011

An issue of "Motor-vation"

Well,  following Friday's monumental feat of cab removal and just progress in general, I decided that I needed a followup performance.  So after some family obligations, and a lengthy (and much needed) nap by my girls, I decided that it was time to haul the truck back from the farm to the house (concrete driveway) to pull the engine and get it spiffed up.  So, hooked up the trailer, removed the outside duals on the truck, pulled it on the trailer, chained it down, and carried it home.  Got home, unchained and returned to the driveway.  It took my little girl all of 2 seconds to realize that her truck was back home.  She let us know that with a resounding "My Truck is BACK!".

Started getting ready to pull the motor.  Borrowed an engine hoist and stand, and started to label wires for removal.  Also drained and flushed the radiator and block this morning.  Now I am at a quandry.  We received an offer on our house today, and I am unsure if I want to go ahead and pull the motor and get it cleaned and put back into the truck.  Or sit on it until I figure out when (and if for sure) that we will be moving.  I am hesitant primarily because the new house has a spectacular shop.

So...we shall see.  Until then, I guess I can work on it a piece at a time.  BTW, there are new pictures posted on the photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment