Follow the restoration of a 1949 3800 Chevrolet Dual Rear Wheel Flatbed Truck.
Pictures located at http://s422.photobucket.com/home/jongersbach

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

building a fire to get up a head of steam

Well, my injury progress has improved and am able to more or less get around again.  Still don't have the stamina or strength that I had before, but I figure if I keep pushing it I'll get better.  So I'm starting to really prioritize what I need to work on once I'm able to, and this 100+degree heat subsides.  Too hard on the old bones to sandblast in this weather.  So other than cleaning up in and around the shop, which seems to be a perpetual activity, I'm getting primed to get back to work and hammer down.  Like the title of the post, building a fire to get up a head of steam.  fire is small now, but I'll keep pouring the coals to it, and fall will be here before I know it.  I am planning to have the cab sheet metal done, body work done, and doors fit and ready to roll along with the front clip fit and ready for paint before I have to evict everything from the shop come Jan 1. 

I may even get ansy and paint the cab interior so I can start working on getting that halfway put back together.  I feel like that process may take a good bit of time.  All the little things that go into getting it back like the dash stuff and gauges, wiring, etc.  Soundproofing the cab, fitting the gas tank, rough fit the floormat, etc. 

Then just maybe by spring I'll be able to get the exterior paint shot and start on the reassembly process.  It did just dawn on me that I probably need to find out where my emergency brake cables are at and get my brake hoses installed so all of that assembly is back together and the frame is as complete as I need it to be.  And install the driveshaft...

No comments:

Post a Comment