Follow the restoration of a 1949 3800 Chevrolet Dual Rear Wheel Flatbed Truck.
Pictures located at http://s422.photobucket.com/home/jongersbach

Friday, August 23, 2019

Blasting away!

Well I took advantage of some slightly cooler weather and some free time this morning to go ahead and work on sandblasting some more of the cab.  I managed to blast the roof, the underside of the floorboard, and started on the interior.  I'm thinking the exposed parts will get blasted, the parts that will be covered, such as the underside of the roof, will get a carefully applied treatment with OSPHO, because I cannot see an easy way to do a thorough job of blasting it inside.  It will all be covered with headliner and carpet.  I just want to kill whatever rust is in there.  So with that in mind, I'm getting pretty close to being ready to start knocking out the bodywork on the cab, which will likely be the biggest task still ahead of me, short of reassembly.  Lots of dents, lots of sheetmetal to patch in.  Lots and lots of filling and blocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment