Follow the restoration of a 1949 3800 Chevrolet Dual Rear Wheel Flatbed Truck.
Pictures located at http://s422.photobucket.com/home/jongersbach

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Truck Therapy

Well, with the holidays, traveling for work, and other responsibilities, I haven't had a great deal of time to spend working on the old truck.  But I am looking forward to a few days off around the holidays where I can pull the truck into the shop and start working on it. 

I've made a few lists of things to do, things to buy, parts to replace, etc.  Planning to move the parts cab around back, and pull the truck into the shop.  Not quite ready for this step, but the weatherman is predicting us to get another 1" to 1.5" of rain this weekend, so I need to quit wishin' and get to pushin'. 

That is really about all on that.  Besides looking at every parking lot that I go into for a maroon that I like.  Seems that no one can find a code to mix Cape Maroon, so I need a more modern color that I can pass off as cape maroon (a factory color in 1949) and a shade of maroon that fits my ideal of "maroon".  Apparently there are a lot of varied opinions out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment