Follow the restoration of a 1949 3800 Chevrolet Dual Rear Wheel Flatbed Truck.
Pictures located at http://s422.photobucket.com/home/jongersbach

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Once a month posting

Well, I had to re-read the past few posts to see where I left off.  Didn't realize it has been exactly one month since I updated my blog.  With stock shows, preparing to (hopefully) sell our house and move to another one (with a large shop), and other responsibilities of life, there has not been much actual work performed.  But to follow is what has been done sine the last post:

A little more tinkering with the dash gauges.  I have accumulated 3 sets and will be keeping one and selling the other two on eBay.  Perhaps finance the next step in the journey.  They have been in boxes and I am ready for a night to just sit down and put them all back together.

My next step was a little time to cut off some extra metal off the rear end of the truck.  Along the way, there were lots of heavy duty light holders and other "items" firmly attached to the rear using thick steel.  A little work with a plasma cutter made short work of them.  However, the tall grass and short moisture made for a little interesting cutting!  Had to stay on firewatch the entire time.  But after a few foot stompings, we completed the job.  I'll be adding a piece of diamond plate to the top of the existing bumper to cover up some of the 18 some odd holes and give it a little more factory appearance.

Finally, I borrowed a pressure washer from a buddy and I degreased the motor and the frame.  I plan to soak it once more with engine degreaser and repeat.  Then the frame should be mostly ready for paint.  Thats all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment